1. Portuguese is not an easy language to learn, Although, everyone speaks perfect English.
2. There are limited job opportunities in Portugal, especially for foreigners. It's perfect if you are planning to work remotely.
3. There is not a lot to do in Portugal, especially if you are not into nature or the beach.
4. Portugal can be quite boring and sleepy, especially compared to other countries in Europe.
5. The weather in Portugal can be quite unpredictable and extreme, from hot summers to cold winters. In general is pretty good weather if you compare it with cities like London or Paris.
6. Portugal can be a bit of a culture shock for some, as it is quite different from other Western European countries.
Ready to hire an immigration lawyer?
We compare the best firms in the industry, so you don’t have to
How do we know this?
Hundreds of people ask Movingto for help every year. We talk to hundreds of local professionals, then we share the information with you.